Tone King Imperial MKII Combo
Available on backorder
The original Tone King Imperial was released just 20 years ago with the intention of presenting one of the best American sound amplifiers on the market. Now, after two decades of experience and knowledge, Tone King offers the new and improved Imperial MKII, keeping everything we loved from the original: the blackface spanky style voice, the sandy tweed tones…
Even so, it is worth noting its improvements: its two channels have been adjusted for an overdrive with better sound, a softer upper end and greater harmonic complexity. The reverberation of valves and the tremolo of the vintage voice of the amplifier will make you doubt if you are really playing a vintage amplifier. Thanks to the Ironman II power attenuator on board the Imperial MKII, you can get all these controlled tube tones at any volume.
So if you already liked the sound and feel of the original design, you have to try the new Tone King Imperial MKII.
These are some of its new tonal adjustments and other additions:
- The construction of the wired board improves the range of the mid range and the treble
- Tuned rhythm channel for an enhanced overdrive with a softer sound
- The Mid-Bite control of the main channel tightens the lower end for greater impact and cutting
Reactive attenuation Ironman II
Tone King includes its Ironman II power attenuator on board the Imperial MKII for greater flexibility.
- The 6-step attenuation is excellent in a variety of situations
- Reactive charging technology maintains the feel and response of your guitar amplifier
- Voice and tuneable levels with HF compensation and rhythm channel derivation switches
The spring reverb and the bias-modulated tremolo are two sounds that define the tone of many American voice combo vintage amps. We believe that, with its tube-driven circuits and old-school control, you will find that the Imperial MKII will gloriously recreate those thick, splashing and pulsating tones.
- The Bias modulation tremolo circuit offers a pulse of vintage style
- Tube-operated spring reverb with wide-range control
- Carefully adjusted effects to balance the two channels
- 12 “Eminence speaker with personalized voice
- 2-button footswitch for Reverb and Channel
- Construction of Birch Birch USA
- Tubes: 2 x 6V6, 4 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7 and 1 x 5AR4
These are the available colors (you can ask for any of them if you do not find them on our website):
- Turquoise / white
- Brown / cream
- Black / cream