Santa Cruz 1934D Mahogany
- 30 days money back from the date on which you received it. Read more.
- Economic shipping.
- International Express Deliver
- 2 years warranty.
In 1934 the powerful 14-fret herringbone dreadnought was unleashed. This has become one of the most revered and sought after designs of the steel string acoustic guitar. No one had reproduced the essence of the iconic original, until now. The secret to the superior tone of vintage instruments lies in aged woods (crystallized resins) and the relaxation of tensions built-in during manufacture. This is exactly what Santa Cruz account for in their 1934 D Mahogany Model.
Master grade Mahogany cut in the 1930’s, master grade/old-growth Adirondack Spruce tops/bracing and real hot hide glue are among their secret weapons. Hot hide glue is a time tested, natural adhesive that sets glass-like and resonant for a quicker and cleaner response. These rarified materials give the foundation for a true and genuine vintage sound.
Not every venerable 1930’s herringbone dreadnought was exceptional, as they were products of a small, though nonetheless factory, assembly. By applying their singular tuning and voicing talents and taking our time to ensure a relaxed assembly, Santa Cruz consistently accesses the secrets to the ‘Old Bone’ sound. The original lacquer formula, nitro-cellulose, is composed of the same stuff as trees; we are protecting and enhancing the sound of the instrument with a fine coating of wood! It is the only choice to complement this heirloom quality guitar.
The 1934 D Mahogany Model’s materials are very challenging to acquire, therefore the availability is limited.
- Guitar Type: Dreadnought
- Top: Antique Adirondack
- Back & Sides: Ancient mahogany
- Neck: Ancient mahogany
- Fingerboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Peghead: Brazilian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1-11/16
- Width at 14th Fret: 2-3/16
- Scale: 25.25
- Frets: 21
- Fingerboard inlays: SCGC Mini fret 16
- Tuners: Waverly nickel gears with oval buttons
- Pickguard: Dalmatian
- Rosette: Ivoroid vintage style
- Body Binding: Ivoroid w/Side Purfle
- Top Binding: Ivoroid vintage style
- Peghead Binding: I/B/I
- Bridge: Brazilian Rosewood
- Finish: Vintage Varnish Tint
- Hardcase included