Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Head
Out of stock
1989 was the fork in the road at Mesa/Boogie. It was the year Mesa Boogie embarked on a mission to Rectify high gain guitar and reintroduce MESA Engineering® to the world.
Since the early 70’s the Boogie™ Mark Series amplifiers have been famous for their gobs of overdrive and liquid sustain, making them the choice for a solo voice. Combining this thick gain with our on board 5 Band Graphic EQ produced lethal crunch as well and these trademark sounds propelled players and Mesa® into the spotlight for 20 years.
Still, Mesa Boogie yearned for more in their mosh. They envisioned a menacing sound with the creamy voice of a Boogie, yet with huge low end that could track faster and stay tight even under the most extreme settings. In the early dawn of the goatee and tattoo era they longed to create another classic…a statement of the times, like the mighty little Boogie of the 70’s. Mesa’s quest ended in the Dual & Triple Rectifier® Heads and the rest is history. Ten years later, the patented Dual Rectifier® Series amplifiers continue to astonish us with their success.
Throughout the 90’s Mesa Boogie introduced several other models in this line aimed at milder gain styles and they too found their legions of devotees. Yet with hundreds of hit recordings and thousands of ecstatic customers, the Dual & Triple Heads remain the mainstay of the Rectifier phenomenon.
So it is with reverence, pride and excitement Mesa introduces the Newest Rectos…The Three-Channel Heads!
These new machines of mayhem unleash all the punishing gain found in the original Rectos’ two channels and add a powerful third channel dedicated to rhythm sounds. The high gain lead channels now each have an additional mode dubbed RAW that that travels the region of gain below that of the original VINTAGE mode. RAW, with its’ touch sensitive response, lets you explore the heavier side of blues on up to classic rock …revealing the soulful nature of this amazing tube rectified power section.
With 3 new versatile channels, 8 incredible modes, the new Solo Control feature, a Programmable & Footswitchable Effects Loop and a new stage-ready 5 Button Footcontroller, the new Dual and Triple Heads are pure-bred, gain-wielding beasts…destined for the same iconic status bestowed upon their predecessor!
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California – USA!
- 150 Watts, Class A/B Power / 6x6L6, 5x12AX7, 3x5U4
- Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 3 Fully Independent Channels with 8 modes:
Channel 1= Clean or Pushed
Channel 2= Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain
Channel 3= Raw, Vintage, High Gain or Modern High Gain
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence and Master Controls per Channel
- Output Level Control (over all channels, when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels, when activated)
- Selectable Dual Rectifier Switch (Tube/Diode – Patent 5,168,438))
- Bold/Spongy “Variac” Switch (Patent 5,091,700)
- Assignable Parallel FX Loop w/Send & Mix Level Controls
- Slave Out with Level Control
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 1, 2, 3, Solo & FX Loop
- 5 Button Footswitch (Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Solo & FX loop)
- Slip Cover
- Finish: Black Taurus, Black Chassis and Polished Diamond Plate
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 10″ x 25 1/2″ x 9 7/8″
- Weight: 48 lbs (21,7 kg).