Mesa Boogie Roadster Head
Out of stock
Introducing the new Dual Rectifier® Roadster™; the most fun a guitarist can have on four wheels…well alright, casters.
This all-tube thoroughbred shares a class with only one other amplifier – and that position is held by its brother – the mighty Road King™. In fact, the Roadster isa Road King without Progressive Linkage™ and other rear panel features that some players fear need a higher education to navigate. The Roadster now offers the plug-and-play minded guitarist a way to enjoy a myriad of footswitchable preamp choices without the power option anxiety.
Throughout two lower gain Channels, 1 and 2, you’ll discover every classic clean sound in the pairs of CLEAN and FAT modes. Once you’ve dialed in your ultimate clean sound, you can duplicate it in the other Channel and modify it for single note applications, a more pushed version or decide to switch to another mode for a radically different sound. Meanwhile dedicated American Blues and English Rock sounds reside in the easily clippable mid-gain realms of TWEED and BRIT. These dynamic and incredibly expressive modes would make an amazing amplifier all by themselves as they roam the zone between clean and clipped with authentic finesse.
Channels 3 and 4 contain all the mind-altering iconic sounds of the legendary Dual Rectifier® Solo Headand hand you the keys to the world of high gain…both retro and future. The RAW, VINTAGE and MODERN modes cover the entire range of gain from a sweet clip, through liquid voice up to a crushing wall of tight grind and are duplicated in both Channels. This again allows you to either find a favorite sound and dedicate the channels to slight differences or, configure them for wildly different styles.
The Channels’ duplicated modes are a powerful feature – making the Roadster not just an amp for your current style or band but rather, a lifelong companion to your music…offering limitless configurations, keeping pace with your growth as your playing evolves.
The Roadster also features our Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power feature allowing you to choose either 50 or 100 watt power for each preamp Channel. This simple to use feature expands the potential of each Channel mode exponentially by enabling you to lower the power-clip threshold or, tighten things up as needed. The two power choices also offer different personalities; 50 watts with its brighter, elastic bounce or 100 watts of tight-tracking low-end girth and mid punch authority.
Add to this power shaping magic our patented Tube Rectifier Tracking feature. Each channel features the ability to choose between the saggy bounce of the 5U4 Rectifier Tubes or the tight, bold authority of the Silicon Diodes. Selecting TUBE RECTIFIER TRACKING brings on-line one 5U4 when in 50 watts and two 5U4s when 100 watts is selected.
Reverb is paramount in an amplifier this versatile and the Roadster gets the best! We’ve taken our all-tube circuit from the widely acclaimed Lone Star and the result is lush, ambient Reverb that blooms with sweetness as it bathes each note in old school glory. And because the Roadsters’ modes offer such a wide range of gain levels and sound styles, each Channel is fitted with a dedicated REVERB mix control located on the Rear Panel so Reverb can be optimized for each sound.
The Roadster is available in both Head and Combo formats. The 2×12 Combo features our amazing closed–back design, a cabinet that produces low-end spread reminiscent of a 4×12 for crunch and gain sounds while retaining a bright top-end.
So when you’re looking for an exciting new ride that’s easy to drive, has power to burn but can handle the turns… check out the Roadster™. It’s the perfect addition to any guitar garage.
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- Multi-Watt, channel-assignable power amp
- 50/100 watts
- Independent 50/100-watt power switches
- Class A/B operation
- Tube complement: 4 x 6L6, 6 x 12AX7, 2 x 5U4
- Bias Select switch (6L6/EL34)
- Fixed bias for consistent, maintenance-free performance
- Four fully independent channels with 12 Modes: Channel 1 – Clean, Fat or Tweed; Channel 2 – Clean, Fat or Brit; Channels 3 & 4 – Raw, Vintage High Gain, or Modern High Gain
- Each channel features independent gain, treble, mid, bass, presence, all-tube long-spring reverb, channel-assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking (diode or tube tracking), all-tube effects loop with Send Level control (over all channels when activated)
- Output Level control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Bold/Spongy “Variac” switch
- True “Hard” Bypass switch that removes effects loops and Output Level and Solo Level controls from signal path
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- External switching jacks for channels 1, 2, 3, 4, Solo, Reverb, FX Loop, and 100-watt functionality
- Eight-button footswitch (Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Channel 4, Reverb, FX Loop, and Solo)
- Slip cover included