Emerson SG Prewired Kit
Out of stock
Wired by hand in the United States, this Emerson SG Prewired Kit is made for an authentic vintage sound and feel.
Carefully wired following the 50’s style and grounded with a vintage bus spec cable for a great vintage tone. Please, mind that imported guitars may need to be fixed in order to use US electronics.
What does the 50’s style mean?
- The tone in general is stronger, stricter and at the same time more transparent.
- The typical loss of treble that occurs when the volume is lowered is much lower than with standard wiring. The volume and tone controls become more responsive and react more fluidly without the usual hot spots.
+ advantage: by lowering the volume of the guitar a little, you can clean a saturated amplifier without getting lost in the mix.
- The tone and volume controls interact with each other, which may sound like Fender valve amplifiers of the tweed era. When the volume changes, the tone also changes a bit, and vice versa. This may be a bit strange at first, but you get used to it pretty quick.
- 4 x 500K Emerson PRO CTS 3/8″ Split Shaft Potentiometers
- 1 x Switchcraft J11 1/4″ mono input jack (3/8″ length Bushing) (MADE IN USA)
- 1 x Switchcraft Right Angle 3-Way Toggle Switch (Deep Threaded Nut Included)
- 2 x Emerson Bumblebee Paper in Oil Capacitors (1: 0.022uf Bridge, & 1: 0.015uf Neck)
- Wiring Diagram
Manufactured to fit the USA Spec 24 spline push knobs. Some guitars imported from the USA. they will need new controls of North American specifications.
We recommend that you do not rush into the process of installing the remote. If your knob is too tight and it is not turning on, slightly bend the top of the potentiometer shaft so that when you are going to press the knob, do not damage the material by pressing the knob.