Echopark Clarence Detroit Gold Rose
Available on backorder
- 30 days money back from the date on which you received it. Read more.
- Economic shipping.
- International Express Deliver
- 2 years warranty.
This characteristic instrument is a sign of Echopark’s (and therefore its creator, Currie) admiration for Fender. To begin with, the Echopark Clarence Detroit Gold Rose boasts the body of an Echopark model nicknamed “the Clarence” – a tribute to Currie’s former boss and mentor, Clarence Leonidas Fender – and is, in fact, a larger, longer version of a Telecaster.
The body of the guitar is made of very light swamp ash, on which Currie has designed roses that remind us of a Victorian textile pattern: a wink both to Currie’s daughter, whose middle name is Rose, and to an old and ephemeral Fender design: the Paisley Telecaster from 1968, which was once used by Elvis Presley’s guitarist, James Burton.
The broad-leaf maple neck and Brazilian rosewood fingerboard complement the ash body, while the hardware includes a five-layer Hawksbill drummer, a milled stainless steel neck plate, a stainless steel hardtailed bridge plate from ½ with tuned mounts and Gotoh Ivoroid button tuners.
In addition, the guitar features a pair of custom pickups: a’57 Goldie PAF clone on the neck and, on the bridge, a humbucker Gold Coil designed by Currie in conjunction with Rob Timmons of Arcane Pickups.
This guitar is a unique instrument. Like all Echopark guitars, it was hand-built by Currie and his small team in Detroit, with no CNC machines in sight.
- Model: Tele
- Body: Ash
- Construction: Solid
- Neck: Red maple
- Fretboard: Pau Ferro
- Neck construction: Bolt-on
- Nut material: Hand-polished bone
- Radius: 12
- Frets: 22
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Fretboard inlays: Points
- Pickups: 1 x Gold coil neck, 1 x 57PAF Bridge
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x tone, 3-way switch
- Potentiometers: 500k volume, 250k tone
- Pickguard: Vintage tortoise
- Bridge: String threw steel bridge plate
- Hardware: Brass
- Finish: Aged Vintage Gold burst over Black 1760s Victorian Rose textile screen art
- Includes custom case